This 4-inch pump is an extension of Blackmer’s XLW Series. These pumps have been designed to perform in the handling and transfer of a variety of abrasive liquids, including oxide primers, inks and paints, where wear-resistance is critical to pump operation. These pumps have also shown to be successful in applications such as vertical and horizontal bead mills, solvent recovery, tank-bottom recirculation, heat-treater supply, enhanced oil recovery, and crude- or hot-oil transfer.
The new XLW4A model features hardened rotor and shaft, liner, end discs and vanes for long life and optimized wear-resistance. These hardened internal parts allow the pump to be used with liquids featuring suspended abrasive particles up to 250 microns in size and at a concentration up to 25%.
The XLW4A model can
- produce flow rates up to 190 gpm (719 l/min)
- at speeds to 350 rpm;
- handle viscosities to 20,000 SSU (4,250 cSt);
- operate at differential pressures to 150 psi (10.3 bar) and
- working pressures to 350 psi (24.1 bar);
- and handle temperatures up to 300ºF (149ºC).