Inpro/Seal: Intelligence in Shaft Grounding
The Smart CDR is an condition monitoring system that provides users with instant feedback on the performance of their Current Diverter Ring® (CDR) in diverting shaft currents away from bearings to ground.
Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) are becoming the system of choice across a variety of industries due to their ability to reduce energy consumption and generate significant cost savings. However, these systems induce high-frequency voltages on the shaft that seek a path to ground, discharging through the motor’s bearings or through the bearings of coupled equipment. This discharge, called electrical discharge machining (EDM), causes fluting on the bearings and is a leading cause of premature bearing failure in VFD-driven motors. The CDR uses proven technology to divert these harmful shaft currents to ground.
Now, the Smart CDR provides a simple interface to alert users in real time if there is not optimal contact between grounding brushes and the shaft – preventing bearing failure. If contact has been interrupted, routine maintenance can be performed to return shaft grounding to peak performance.
- Magnetic Couplings Seal New Zero-leakage API 685 Refinery Pump
- Siemens: Motors for high thrust pump applications in harsh environments
- KSB launches promotion programme for building services
- Prüftechnik: Precision laser shaft alignment
- SPX Flow: Pumps for transfer of hot oil and hot water