Andritz: Start up of submersible motor pumps on North Sea drilling platforms
The six submersible motor pumps supplied last year by Andritz to Jurong Shipyard, Singapore, were started up successfully on two drilling platforms in the North Sea. The pumps convey the industrial water for cooling the drilling equipment from a depth of 20 meters. Installed in the supporting legs of the platforms, each of these four-pole submersible motor pumps conveys around 600 m³/h of industrial water.
The Andritz Ritz pumps are specially designed to meet the requirements for rugged offshore environments. In order to cope with the extreme thermal and mechanical conditions, the motors’ winding wire has special insulation and can therefore withstand greater stress. The housing is made of seawater-resistant nickel-aluminum bronze and features very long operating lifetime. The new, innovative saver technology monitors the operating status and maintenance needs of the motors.
- Andritz Ritz supplies submersible motor pumps for North Sea drilling platforms
- Andritz: Submersible motor pumps for offshore drilling platforms in China
- March 2014 – Top 10 posts on Δ p Global Online
- Top 10 posts on Δ p Global Online in August 2014
- KSB: New in-line pumps for building services