Pump Solutions Group (PSG), an operating company within Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) and a global leader in the manufacture of industrial pumps and related flow control technologies, is proud to announce a number of changes within its corporate organizational structure that are designed to meet future demands of scale, accountability and growth, both organic and acquired. Effective immediately, PSG will now be geographically structured within three main regions of the world, including the Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia. To lead this new structure, PSG has promoted the following professionals to manage all operational and commercial functions within the newly created regional structure: (more…)
Archive for January, 2014
Plant and maintenance engineers often seem to have an intuitive nose for trouble, so are able to predict pending problems with machinery and take pre-emptive action to prevent them. It is not the result of magical powers, rather of long experience with plant and machinery. Bill Bertram of motor maker Marathon Electric explains how different motor sounds can be interpretedÖ: “If you walk around a piece of plant that is running, you will hear it making a noise. If you listen carefully you will be able to pick out individual elements within the overall sound. For instance, you may be able to hear a fan whirring, a pump thumping and a conveyor rumbling.”
Caprari S.p.A. and Polmot Motor Makina A.S. announced that they have entered into a strategic Joint Venture agreement by means of which Caprari S.p.A. have acquired 50% of Polmot capital.
Handbook for the operation of circulating pumps
Author: Thomas Merkle,
98 illustrations, 20 tables, 10 graphics, 23 diagrams
- air or moisture-sensitive liquids
because the pump has no shaft seal. This feature is made possible thanks to a liquid-separating cup surrounding the magnetic drive. Long service life, leak-free operation, low energy consumption and an integrated speed controller characterize this pump series of the German HNP Mikrosysteme GmbH just like the compact measurements of the pump with a minimum diameter of 22 mm and a minimum length of 69 mm.
KSB South Africa in cooperation with EagleBurgmann specified high-efficiency magnetic couplings to seal the shaft for the newly designed API 685 process pump. It was also decided to use the couplings from the proven MAK685 series because they reliably cover a broad application field in the higher pressure and performance range.
Hermetic-Pumpen GmbH, located in the German Black Forest town of Gundelfingen near Freiburg, was recognised with the “Russian oil and gas industries’ best centrifugal-pump manufacturer for 2013” award during the NefteGasPererabotka conference for Russian refineries. The award was presented recently in Moscow and is the result of an independent survey involving 60 Russian refineries.
Mouvex A Series eccentric disc pumps are now available in ductile iron construction – a critical upgrade as more companies in the oil & gas industry are integrating ductile iron systems into their processes. Additional upgrades to Mouvex’s A Series pumps includes the implementation of ISO PN16/ANSI 150 flanges while offering both Mouvex or standardized mechanical seals, which helps expedite installations regardless of location. A Series pumps also doubled its maximum differential pressure from 5 bar (72 psi) to 10 bar (145 psi), enabling it to be used in the safe transfer of viscous, non-lubricating, volatile or delicate fluids in a variety of oil & gas applications.
GEA Process Engineering UK, based in Warrington, has restructured its components department to bring together technology-leading brands,
- GEA Pumps,
- GEA Tuchenhagen,
- GEA Aseptomag and
- GEA Breconcherry
to strengthen the company’s service offering and provide a single source for hygienic and aseptic components for customers throughout the UK’s processing industries.
The actual Top 10 on Δ p GLOBAL Online:
- Netzsch: 2014 Global Product Leadership
- Chromacon and Lewa sign licensing agreement
- Rheinhütte: 85 pumps for fertiliser plant in Saudi Arabia
- Almatec: AODD pumps increase safety and flexibility
- KSB: Pump Operation Check as a new service
- ITT Bornemann: Twin-Screw-Pump receives EHEDG EL Aseptic Certificate
- Waukesha: Tilt pad thrust bearings for up to 300 °C
- KEPL wins 3 Gold Trophies at Quality Circle Forum Convention
- Hydra-Cell: Seal-less Triplex pump
- Oerlikon Leybold: Complete pumping systems for architectural glass
Here the actual Top 10 on the German pumps & systems plattform Δ p Online
- 10. Pumpenfachingenieur-Lehrgang: Es gibt noch freie Plätze
- Woma: 4.000 bar zum Wasserstrahlschneiden
- ABB auf der SPS: Standard-FU jetzt auch in Schutzart IP55
- Bredel ersetzt NBR- durch F-NBR-Schläuche
- WEG übernimmt Antriebstechnik Katt
- Uraca: Hochdruck-Plungerpumpen nach API 674
- Graco: Neue FDA-konforme 2:1 Kolbenpumpe
- Lewa: Präzise Zutatendosierung für streichfähige Butter
- Xylem: Hygienische Trennung von Trink- und Löschwasser
- Jessberger: Halbautomatische Abfüllanlage aus Edelstahl