Andritz: Submersible motor pumps for offshore drilling platforms in China
International technology Group Andritz received an order from the two Chinese shipyards Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding, Shanghai, and China Merchants Heavy Industry, Shenzhen, to supply a total of twelve submersible motor pumps for use on jack-up rigs. Start-up is scheduled for the first half of 2014.
The submersible motor pumps (multi-stage centrifugal pumps in combination with maintenance-free submersible motors) pump the raw water for the drilling platform from a depth of ten to 20 meters below sea level. They are specially designed to deal with rough offshore conditions and safeguard against failure due to their reliability.
- Andritz: Start up of submersible motor pumps on North Sea drilling platforms
- Andritz Ritz supplies submersible motor pumps for North Sea drilling platforms
- Hermetic: Awarded by the Russian Oil and Gas Industry
- March 2014 – Top 10 posts on Δ p Global Online
- Hermetic: 1 meter shaft = 15 meters immersion depth