Ruhrpumpen: 92 pumps to Repsol’s most modern refinery in Spain
With a total investment of 4.4 billion USD, the expansion of the Cartagena Industrial Refinery has led the largest industrial investment in Spain. It will enable to increase the capacity of distillation up to 11 million tons annually (previously 5 million), which is 220,000 barrels per day. Cartagena is a valuable port for the supply of fuel, and it has now been connected to the Puertollano refinery by a new 357 kms oil pipeline.
With this expansion of Cartagena’s refinery, Spain will decrease the importation of diesel and kerosene in 34.5 % saving 400 million USD annually. The refinery is now one of the most efficient in Europe with its energetic and environmental level. In other words, the refinery will produce less heavy products and more modern specification automotive fuels.
The 92 pumps provided to this project were manufactured in the plant of Ruhrpumpen in Tulsa, USA. The project was composed by different vertical and horizontal models mostly constructed according to the API norm.
- KEPL: Pumps for highly critical refinery application
- Ruhrpumpen opens new manufacturing plant in Argentina
- Friatec Rheinhütte: 63 pumps to Sadara chemical complex
- Sulzer: Large-Scale Process Pump for Metsä Fibre in Finland
- Dickow delivers magnetic coupled pumps for Sadara Chemical Complex