KSB: Cruise ship ‘Europa 2’ equipped
The KSB Group has supplied 70 pumps and around 700 butterfly valves to the new cruise ship Europa 2 run by Hamburg-based cruise ship organiser, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. The pumps’ spectrum of applications is varied and ranges from cooling the drives in the submerged pods to transporting seawater in ballast systems, supplying fire-fighting systems and handling fresh water, service water, waste water and sewage.
All pumps are either manufactured from seawater-resistant bronze alloys or stainless steel.
The drive ratings range from 0.37 kW to 75 kW. The pumps are driven by 2-pole or 4-pole three-phase motors with a mains voltage of 690 V and a mains frequency of 60 Hz.
The ship features state-of-the art technology and is one of the most environmentally friendly cruise ships in operation today.
- Andritz: Start up of submersible motor pumps on North Sea drilling platforms
- KSB: Major order for Vietnam refinery
- KSB: New generation of the world’s best-selling standardised water pump
- KSB: New efficient high-pressure pump
- Hapag Lloyd chooses electronic pump control from Colfax