Transfer of Dangerous Solvents
Almatec developed the new E-Series Plastic AODD Pumps, a air-operated double-diaphragm pump with solid plastic housing. These pumps provide the superior containment and safety needed in the transfer of dangerous solvents. This includes benzene, toluene, xylene, styrene and ethyl benzene, which are solvents used in the manufacture of adhesives, plastics and paint and coatings, to name a few.
E-Series pumps provide the safe pumping option end-users need to meet increasingly stricter regulations in the global chemicals industry, due in part to its solid-block construction with abrasion-resistant polyethylene (PE) and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) materials. E-Series Plastic AODD Pumps made of PE conductive and PTFE conductive meet ATEX requirements, certifying the pump suitable for use in hazardous environments.
The E-Series is available in seven sizes from 6 to 76 mm (1/4 to 3 inch) with maximum temperatures to 120°C (248°F). The pump also features maximum flows to 800 L/min (210 gpm); suction lift to 5 m (16.4 ft) dry, 9.5 m (31.2 ft) wet; and maximum solids size to 15 mm (9/16 inch).
- Almatec: AODD Pumps receive 1935/2004/EC certification
- Solid-body plastic AODD pumps for abrasive-handling applications
- Wilden: Stainless Steel AODD for Hazardous Solvents
- Wilden: Air Distribution System now in Stainless Steel & Plastic
- Almatec: AODD pumps increase safety and flexibility