The Siemens Energy Sector Austria shows exactly how a contemporary power supply should now be with the new gas and steam power plant in the Styrian town of Mellach. With the gas-fired combined cycle power plant a total of five decommissioned power plants are being replaced. In use on site: the self-regulating centrifugal pumps from the V-AN range – genuine problem solvers.
Archive for October, 2012
In early 2013 KSB will launch its new compact unit for reverse osmosis seawater desalination. The Salino Pressure Center consists of an axial piston pump and an axial piston motor, arranged on a common shaft. Driven by the diaphragm return flow, the axial piston motor transfers its power directly to the pump shaft. Three functions are fulfilled by one and the same unit:
- creating high pressure,
- compensating pressure losses
- recovering energy.
There is no need for a separate booster pump. The entire system runs on a single electric motor and frequency inverter. Compared to conventional energy recovery systems with pressure exchangers or Pelton turbines, this design saves up to 50 % in energy costs.
For the challenging task of gentle feeding of egg products Jung Process Systems obtained the second order for a Hyghspin 125 from one of the leading French producers of egg products. With this new pump the customer achieves considerably higher capacities at constant excellent product quality.
Recently, KSB received the “Global Centrifugal Pumps New Product Innovation Award” from Frost & Sullivan for its development of the MegaCPK standardised chemical pump. According to the global consulting company, the MegaCPK demonstrated how KSB stood out last year as the one centrifugal pump manufacturer that creates innovative and intelligent products.
Mitsubishi Electric has upgraded the FR-F700-EC range of inverters with a number of functions that meet the specific needs of water and pumping applications. The new functions supported by the upgrade include
- a pre-charge function,
- built-in PLC functionality,
- expandable I/O and
- a unit calculator for PID control.
These enhancements increase the capability, flexibility and scope of the FR-F700-EC bringing improved control and reducing the cost and complexity of drive installations in many applications by eliminating the need for additional components.
Busch recently presented a new Mink claw vacuum pump with a suction capacity of 500 m³/h. This means that Busch now offers a finely graduated range of these dry-running vacuum pumps in sizes from 60 to 500 m³/h. This vacuum generator is suited for use
- in pneumatic suction conveying systems,
- for the generation of the retaining vacuum on CNC woodworking machines,
- in the plastics industry and
- for many other industrial applications.
Featuring an innovative “nopped” surface, designed to create advantageous flow conditions emulating the effect of golf ball dimples, the Depa Nopped S4® Diaphragm is a versatile, state of the art industry solution. The use of Santoprene® as its core material, a substance uniting elastomer (EPDM) and polypropylene (PP), in synergy with its chemical and mechanical properties offers enhanced flexibility and resistance against abrasion, extending the lifetime and corresponding economy of operation and maintenance.
The following posts on Δ p Global Online have been most clicked in September 2012:
- KSB: High-performance pumps for large Dutch power station
- Pompetravaini: New liquid ring vacuum pumps
- KSB: New submersible borehole pump
- Pump Users Int. Forum 2012: Ecodesign – implications for the user
- Lewa: Cooperation in Carbon Capture & Storage (CCS)
- DST presents a new magnetically coupled centrifugal pump
- Jung Process Systems: Gentle yeast treatment in breweries
- Indowater 2013 – Int. Water, Wastewater Technology Expo Jakarta
- Uraca: Positive displacement pumps for CO2-extraction
- Hermetic: Data center cooling